View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
JatMat
Truck is hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
The top end doesn't need any lube from fuel. Couple that with knowing that oil in the combustion chamber does only bad things, and I think it's prudent to say simply don't add any stuff to the fuel, at all.

You may think one tank did better than another because of it, but tank-to-tank variations are often quite high due to external factors.

You don't even have a fuel log here for us to look at.
And I don't plan to. My choice! As for the ATF, don't know why it works, but it does, if you haven't tried it, then you are just guessing. It was a method used by a good farmer of mine running around 20 trucks and tractors around a 5,000 acre farm, he did it and everyone who has tried it around my area swears by it. May do harm to plugs??? I don't know, don't care, if it is giving me 4 to 5 miles per gal better avg. The plug is recommended for my engine, but performs better, so I have been told. The hotter thermostat was recommended to me by a member of this forum for my driving habits. I fill up same station same pump, always has, it is owned by another friend of mine, so I have always shopped there. I am on a lot of forums, don't think I have ever been so criticized by folks who have not tried something. You are entitled to your opinion as I am. Thanks to the one who talked with me via PM and HELPED me as one who had the experience with my vehicle. Thanks for the help, the ones that did and good bye to everyone else. I am outta here.