View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post

One suggestion: my 1998 DX Coupe has a stock curb weight of 2262lbs. I have stripped it down almost to about 2016 or something close to that. I think weight reduction matters when you start to pile up the subtractions. I have managed a 10% weight reduction. You could benefit from your own reduction program, I'm sure.

Thanks again!
james
Definately reducing the weight of the car would yield better mpg, and in daily form it weighs about 500 lbs less than the 2940 figure. Which was full of cargo and another person. I think I weighed it before and with me and full tank of gas it weighed 2500. Stock weight of a 96 dx manual hatch is 2242 lbs.

I love good gas mileage, but i'm not willing to sacrifice things to achieve it in my current car. I like all 4 seats, the carpeting, the A/C when its really hot, though I havn't been using it nearly as often because of the huge 13-17mpg increase.

I have 2 gutted CRX's that I could have put the VX engine in to get ultimate gas mileage, and maybe someday I'll put it in one to feed my curiosity, but for now, 50mpg is awesome, and more than double what my CRV gets.