View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
autogyro
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
I'm also in Michigan (Ann Arbor), I'd like to see some of your progress in person, might even lend a hand.

KTM X-Bow Montenergy
KTM X-Bow Montenergy

There was a Hawk replica importer listed in California, going to cost some to get the glass from the UK in either case. Might be better off with a Lotus Evora windshield, there is a dealer on Woodard in Birmingham.

There is something called "speedglass" which replaces stock glass for a lighter form of plastic. You might want to look into that too.
First thanks for the photo. "Fast" elliptical windshild profiles are so gorgeous..and very tempting because they're only angled projections of cylinders (styling trick!)
In case one is tempted to roll (!) their own, like me, heres a link i've been looking at.
@Sven: we may be on parallel paths. I'm working up a 30% scale model myself, so I can get decent Reynolds numbers in testing. I hope to start a thread soon.

I decided to do this first ,and then go into OpenFoam CFD. You might be familiar with Symscape/Caedium. The beauty of their system if you can "rent" only what you need, by the month.
Caedium | Symscape
They recently announced that they will accept files from non-pro Sketchup. Look like they have Ecomodders in mind

BTW here's a rough version of the streamliner project, that I was lucky enough to get into FlowIllustrator before it blew up. Chernyshenko is very interested in hearing from anyone who has found it valuable, and if enough of us contact him, he said he'd try to get it running again.
Apologies to those who've already seen this.