View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 03:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
The modus operandi in this state (and probably everywhere) is to knock down all the neighborhood schools, build a Taj Mahal out on the edge of town, and then wonder why there's traffic congestion twice a day by the school when all the parents are there dropping off/picking up (Parents say rides are needed these days because of all the child predators out there. I think the odds of any child predation around here are about the same as that of getting hit by a meteorite). More by-products of this wisdom are: now there's a federal govt program to encourage walking and bicycling to school by spending millions on new sidewalks; but the one I love most is all the bussing, not only around town, but between districts up to about 40 miles away, every day??? I would like to see the statistic on money, time, and fuel spent on bussing today vs 40 years ago. Yeah, when I was in school, when you lived in a school district believe it or not, that's where you went to school!!! Oh, and then there is the sprawl. A period of time elapses from when the little school on the prairie is built, and new housing developments spring up all around it. Classic case of rotting the community from the core as there is lots of housing and business standing empty in the middle of even this small town.