Thread: VX wrong trans
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
379Kcivic
EcoModding Lurker

Exactly. Actually the guy from the shop called me shortly after I spoke with them to tell me they just ordered the correct trans and it is being shipped! He has agreed to take care of everything...potential headache averted. But I sure do like the gearing of the 'wrong' trans around town (not so much on the highway, though). And the shift quality of this trans is pretty darned nice, too.

I did supply the shop with Honda trans fluid and will do so again. It gives me peace of mind knowing they will be using that fluid even though it's something I shouldn't have to pay for this time.

A couple questions:

1. Is there any difference in the length between gears VX/CX vs. DX/LX? I know the gearing is different, I mean the distance/throw while moving the shifter?

2. Will there be any difference in feel/shift quality or is the VX/CX inferior feeling straight from the factory compared to the other Civic models (assuming both are of similar age and condition)? I have never driven any of the other examples of Civics from '92-95,

Next up I have to do something about the handling; the body roll is terrible! THANKS!

Last edited by 379Kcivic; 09-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: grammar