View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
toc
EcoModding Apprentice

Sonata97 - '97 Hyundai Sonata GL
90 day: 25.96 mpg (US)

Pulsar - '03 Nissan Pulsar ST
Team Nissan
90 day: 36.09 mpg (US)

Lancer - '04 Mitsubishi Lancer
90 day: 31.11 mpg (US)

Lancer 2.0 - '09 Mitsubishi Lancer
90 day: 27.1 mpg (US)
I hear you Frank.

Governments in many nations waste so much money on pointless programs that deliver little to no good, or even increase tax requirements through mismanagement or poor implementation.

I see words like 'feasibility study' used by our own Ronald McDonald headed government and wonder what on earth is to study. But, the price tag on the study is the real annoyance - $100 million. $50 million. $x million.

It either is, or is not, feasible, and it sure as heck does not ever take anywhere near $1 million of someone's time to determine the feasibility of such an idea.

You can't argue about investing in schools though, there will forever be a need to invest in the future of our kids, and the dynamic world they will grow up in. I can see the need for updating materials and teachers, and in some cases significantly dated buildings.

Our multiple layers of excess government really are where the fat could easily be trimmed. I think that easily relates to the USA as well? Federal and State governments all sitting at the tax bank account making withdrawals without second thought..?

This annoys me just as much as http://www.thingswelovetohate.com/20...ed-demand.html