View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Artan
EcoModding Lurker

I agree with Roman. The oil never gets broken, especially Full Synthetic Oil. I own a VW Passat 1.9 TDI 2003, Now i have 33000 km (20500 Miles) 18 months since i dindt change the oil and i am never going to do it. I inspect the oil every month and the viscosity is as it is new. The oil in the engine is Castrol Edge TurboDiesel 5W-40 (it says should be changed every 15000 km (9500 Miles )or max 12 months. I will never change this oil unless it losses viscosity. So far everything is perfect. The regular oil change is what the oil companies want! But the truth is something else. Anyway you decide but dont forget the oil that you change they take it in the lab again put a spoon of chemical and resell it back to you. This is all fraud. And about the small particles of metal, come on these particles most of them are stopped by the filter and the really small ones are so small that if you put them in the eye of the human they wont cause you any problem. I absolutelly believe that there is no need to ever change the oil in the engine.