View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Geo Tracker help ?? Tracker owners?

Ok I want to get a geo tracker. I sat in one in the pick and pull and was AMAZING how comfortable it is compared to my Geo Metro.

I understand its essentially a suzuki sidekick like my metro is a swift??

I am look at a 4wd 4cyl AUTO (drat)

I am pretty decent at squeezing mpg's out of my cars. I can squeeze 60mpg daily out of my xfi on E10 even with the trailer attached.

I was able to ring 25.5mpg out of my pops 8cyl towncar and this included 3 trips into center city philadelphia. (or I would have gotten 26.5 27mpg i think)

My typical commute is 54miles one way few stops average max speed around 45mph (yes I drive slow to save gas) the only time I do 50mph (the PSL) is when someone is behind me and they can not pass (I don't like to be rude)

so you tracker owners. what do you estimate i might be able to wring out of this tracker at those figures? basically the plan is Metro spring and fall and winter. the Tracker when there is snow or when its JUST too hot to be without AC.

do you think I can best 30mpg? tickle 35mpg?

Next question

How difficult would a 5speed swap be? its not "too" bad in a metro. how hard in a tracker? (I have never done either)

how about a 3cyl swap? ie put a metro 3cyl engine into the tracker?

Why the auto? well around here trackers might as well be made of freaking GOLD for the going price of them.

I found one 4wd auto for $900 so it peaked my interest.