View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #192 (permalink)
re-evaluating
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up what dash harness did you use?

Hey shorty_boy, Not to hijack this thread but I don't have enough posts to pm you. I am a long time lurker that works 12 hour midnights and spend a lot of time searching and reading not much posting.

I have been researching for months and considered doing this swap but I really don't want to rip out the dash harness and all of that if not completely necessary. I have a 90 CRX Si with HF motor and trans and the motor is tired.

I don't know which direction you went wiring your car but wondering if it is possible to use the 3 stage engine harness and re-pin or adapt the chassis harness to work with the 90 dash etc. I know I would have add some things like a LED or something for lean burn indicator but not sure what else would be required to make it run.

Any input from you or 88HF (whom ever) would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty_boy View Post
And now that ?I have been back for a week, I have been working on the swap. I have the engine together and painted, I have the main wiring harness completed. I an now trying to make a sub harness so that I do not have to snip wires on the stock HF harness.

I cannot wait until I can fire this thing up. Everything was going great until the I realized that the P2J takes on some of the function that the CRX under-dash harness controls.

Last edited by re-evaluating; 09-18-2011 at 06:11 PM..