View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #195 (permalink)
shorty_boy
EcoModding Lurker

Since I have a stock HF, I reused as much from the HF as possible. Once you get rid of the resistor box, that gives you about three more wires to use. Basically I converted the HF to OBD2a by reusing all of the HF's stock harness. I did have to run another wire for the second VTEC harness but you also gain a wire because the D15z7 does not use an Absolute Pressure sensor. I am still working on this write up. Work has been a pain. I should have done this as I worked on the car. If you can find an HF cluster, you can use the shift up light as your lean burn indicator.

Basically, I made the harness for the D15z7 into a two piece that plugs into the HF stock plugs on the shock towers. I then made a converter adapter so that you can plug the HF's ECU plugs into the OBD2a ECU plugs This allows you to unplug the OBD2a harness and connect another OBD0 engine with out cutting wires or modifying your HF harness. The SI wiring is going to be a little different inside the cabin than the HF, but if it has an HF engine, I assume all of the that conversion has been done correctly under the hood.