View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #92 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
I've been checking out your other images, I really like this rear view.

Tatra rear
Tatra rear | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Thanks! I've been kind of on and off working on that. It's supposed to be a BEV luxury sedan with removable batteries to easily "fill up" at a gas station. I'll post some pics of the 1:64 scale model I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
There's a lot of very minor things that could easily be done today on the basic Saab design to make it even better streamlined.

But it simply ain't happening on today's production lines.

That could also be done a lot tighter today, if need be with actively controlled skirts.
The potential aero-improvements are huge.

Double the average speed of the NEDC to a more realistic 65kph / 40mph, and the 1930s aero solutions will pop up again.
I wish they'd reproduce old designs- not retro distillation, but actually remaking old classics. The biggest problem is probably either that the tooling no longer exists or that they'd have to redesign everything BUT the body to comply to modern vehicle laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
I like the look of those early Saabs too. Here's one for you Sven7:

It recently set a record at 145+mph with a 1 liter motor.
That's the coolest 93 I've ever seen! Thank you for that!

The other one looks like they have been studying Jaray's Tatras VERY closely haha.

ALSO! Update. I bought some huge foam core pieces today (like 40" long- fit easily in the Probe) but will still need to double them up to cut out the 67" profile of the car. Hopefully I'll be able to get that done tomorrow night. It's already midnight (!) and I've got some financial aid stuff to take care of

Also finished a sweet dry point print of a Voisin Laboratoire. I'll post it in a few weeks when i get it back from the prof

Last edited by Sven7; 09-21-2011 at 12:05 AM..