Thread: Crazy idea?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
ellisgl
EcoModding Lurker

Crazy idea?

I've been looking around and I've had my thoughts from years ago pop back into my head and wanted to bring them up and see if they are viable or not.

Idea one:
1. Cool the air intake to 30-50F
2. Heat the fuel to 80-90F

My thinking - which may never be right - is that if you heat the fuel you are expanding it, there for the amount of fuel use would be less based on mass since the volume would be expanded. With the fuel in a more expanded state, cooled air which would basically be compacted (lack of a better word), would better mix with the fuel and add more O2 to the mix.

Of course my thinking wouldn't just end there.

To continue on with my what may be a hair brained scheme is that if you were to ionize the air and the fuel (One with positive ionization and the other with negative ionization) when they mixed, they would end up becoming attracted to one another and become a better fuel/air mixture.

Of course I don't stop there..

How about splitting the air into two channels, one channel becomes + and the other -, put back together and made back into neutral and repeat the process many times and then figure out if to take the last neutral output and make it + or - and do this for the fuel?

My chemistry and physics knowledge is very limited and also my space, time, money to experiment on this is nil...

Any thoughts? If it wouldn't work, why wouldn't it.. If it would work why will it work? I'm thinking that it won't work.. (Yes, I'm pessimistic..)