View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Got the 03 version of the ZX3 and best I've seen this summer is 36 mpg avg...now down to 34 or so. Mine is a California model and I'd guess the fuel mix is more controlled by the rear O2 in order to provide a complete burn in the cat...or so I've heard.

Also mine is an auto.

Will be testing the Volo chip soon.

Here is a pic of a new mod I just finished:

Made of 3/8" sheathing plywood...edges were painted with fiberglass resin and 2 coats of oil based paint put on. Made the mistake of not paying attention to warping...after the sheet is off the stack...they warp. If I had made it so that it warped DOWN...I wouldn't have needed the stiffeners. Drilled 2 holes in the xmember to hold it at back...2 more will be in the plastic lip at front...4 in all. The hole in the middle is for the cat and exhaust...they don't sit down in the hole...just there to keep the heat away from the wood.

I THINK this will be more effective than the lawn edging I had on the front...not to mention that it would never handle the snow. At the back it is at the same height as the lawn edging was. I figure a gradual redirection of the air is better than a blunt forcing of it to the sides.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL

Last edited by suspectnumber961; 09-26-2011 at 06:04 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to suspectnumber961 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-11-2012)