Thread: Hi all!
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
speerjp1
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to speerjp1
Hi all!

Hi. I live in Greenville, SC and I recently sold my Ninja 250 and bought a Toyota Camry LE 4 Cylinder sedan. I rode the Ninja almost every day to work for 2 years and got an average of 68 mpg regardless of city/highway or weather, which includes temperatures from 17 degrees to 98 degrees. It was a great bike and great to only have to put a few gallons in it every couple of weeks.

However, with a baby on the way, I had to get something more practical. I bought a 1996 Camry and have loved it. My other vehicle is an Olds Bravada that gets about 21 mpg on the highway. We don't drive it much. I recently to a trip to Pensacola, FL which is more or less 500 miles and was able to get quite good mileage. I checked my mileage down and back and got 34.8 both ways! I drove mostly state roads (GPS set on shortest distance, least use of freeways) averaging around 55-60 mph. It was great to see the small towns and novelties along the back roads. It didn't hurt my time by more than an hour or so either so it was nice.

I stumbled across this forum a few months ago and figured I may be able to get even more mileage out of that little car.