View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
3dplane
EcoModding Apprentice

14 Mirage - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 68.74 mpg (US)
@Arragonis- That's some pretty serious sh!t in my opinion.
Can you take it to your dealer and tell them about it?
I work at GM dealer and we are still getting in some Pontiac Vibes(=Toyota Matrix) for the recall to cut the gas pedal down and remove a piece of foam from the area under the carpet.
These new cars with the every driver input is just a request to a module that's going to talk to other modules and decide what to do is making me feel much safer in my 500 $ piece of crap where I can do a number of things in an emergency.
I mean if that thing decides to go WOT there isn't even a key to physically cut ignition power if I'm correct. You have a push button right? That's another request to probably the same ECU that just went nuts. (if that's the case)

Sorry I do not mean to sound so alarming,I know most new cars are this way and when throttle related sensor data goes out of range for the ECU they are setup to go into reduced engine power (GM does) basically throttle goes to idle and no input accepted until code cleared or next ignition cycle does not see the fault anymore but what you experienced has to be investigated.

Sorry, me as a mechanic seeing the direction the new vehicles taken pisses me off because I have to deal with the out of control ultra sophisticated garbage on many levels. And instead of them working on reliability....I'm going to shut up now.
I apologize for the rant again but please have that thing checked out and if this symptom is not familiar to them at your dealer,I would suggest they make a report to Toyota technical assistance center or what ever Toyota has and let them know about it!

Last edited by 3dplane; 09-26-2011 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:
Arragonis (09-27-2011)