View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #48 (permalink)
orbywan
EcoModding Apprentice

More body mods

Now that it's cooling off I've started on the RV again. Below are photos of the right front area, mostly, on the front end, which has to be a serious vortex and turbulence generator.

So far I've built a template out of coroplast, which will be transferred to clear acrylic as soon as the plastic house cuts the piece. The parts for my extended hitch finally got here yesterday so I'll build that and drop the floor of the boat tail and vent the belly pans and then do a mileage run before I add the right side acrylic cover so I can see if I did any good on the belly pan and the rear floor of the tail.

I may take aeroheads suggestion and build a diffuser to drop the rear down instead of rebuilding the floor. It will depend on how the hitch extension goes. A drop down diffuser would be cool, because if I build it right and I accidently drag the tail, it would just fold up to accomodate the dragging and then pop back down.

The smoke generator should be here soon, that will be fun to play with. It will be an interesting winter. Winter is great here. Makes up for frying your brains out for 5 months out of the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Body Mods # 1 wb.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	9500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Body Mods # 2 wb.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	9501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Body Mods # 3 wb.jpg
Views:	472