View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
It most likely will last till 400,000 miles as this friend plans to keep that car until it wears out, but why not get an extra 20mpg out of driving my car instead?

I've been working on doing the same thing, my brother bought a house yesterday that is a block away, there is no reason for both of us to own a mower and snow blower, two pickup trucks that we can borrow are another block away and I have a garage with a hand full of bicycles that get loaned out all of the time.
I was mostly being facetious about driving the Integra, and I know sarcasm doesn't translate on the web. If I were driving a V8 or other gas hog, I would probably ask to borrow your car. However, driving an Intregra a few hundred miles doesn't sound too bad to me.

It's neat that you are able to share things with your brother. I'm assuming you get along with him well enough that there won't be problems with sharing those things you mentioned?

To really share the way I envision, it takes the type of personality that doesn't keep score or take account of every debt. If my friend ends up with a little more than I, then I consider it not a loss, but a gain. Of course, I don't tolerate people who abuse the things I share.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!