View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
Would you mind divulging what some of your suggestions were?- LostCause
Not at all, giving you guys full credit for my re-awakening I suggested that Toyota expand our relationship with 5-axis motors (They produce all the concept cars you see in shows plus began designing body kits etc for Scion recently) to include a line of aero mods for the current generation Scions. Parts which include;

-Bumpers
-Wiper Cowls
-Hub Caps
-Aero Spoilers
-More aerodynamic Mirrors
-Weight reduction interior packages for those that want deletes
-Belly pan & Under pan kits
-Grille Blocks

That pretty much covered the bolt on existing model section, as far as future enhancements I suggested items that would not impact in line design already like, EOC capability without impacting driveability or A/C. Engine shutoff at idle, basically mirroring the hybrids, but in the gas line.

Then I suggested how it can be marketed as MPG+ packages. Now obviously that was the super abbreviated version, but the initial responce was overwhelming within SET. Some change I am sure will come of this, but the corporate wheel does turn slow, fortunately I am a real squeaky wheel and they love to grease me to keep me quite .. LOL

Just as an FYI I took on this kick because recently my best friend bought a motorcycle here in Ft. Lauderdale and got into a really bad accident. His sole excuse was doing it because it got 50 mpg+, so now I'm out to prove that I can do it with a 4 wheeled gas powered safe automobile. For that I thank all of you and I will do everything I can to spread the positive work we are doing here ..

Laterz ..

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???