View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Apologies, been busy this weekend so no posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
A SG is only as good as its calibration...
Recalibrated the speed based on the Go! GPS built in. We'll see. More info below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleglum View Post
...You could flood the system and do some expensive damage.

...It sounds like a calibration issue to me....
More info and clarification for the above - When I do the miles on the ODO vs the gallons to fill up on the SG2, the figure falls. At the start of the tank it can result in an MPG figure of over 70, and maybe later it drops to 65 or less.

I always round up, so if the SG says 2.2 gallons to fill up, I take it to 2.3. Its important to stress here I'm NOT actually filling up at this point, I just use it to monitor a tank seperate from the tank MPG.

I think this variation at the start of a tank has bvggered up my calibration - it was 3-5% out on a tank which is OK for me. However because we have had some time limited offers of discounts on fuel (supermarket offers 10 pence a litre off if we buy our weekly shop there but you have to use it in a week) I have had some tanks of only 1/3 or 1/2 normal length. So when I recalibrate at fill up it went out - for example it would record trip AVG figures of 80+ MPG, when I knew there was no way it could have been better than what I normally get, maybe 60-65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
I have a question for all of you ScanGuage guys : Do you leave the thing plugged in at all times ?...
Yes, it goes off by itself after a few seconds. Sometimes if I switch off at lights I've found it doesn't come back on by itself, I have to hit the red button. Maybe a timeout issue.