View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
HydroJim
Master EcoModder

Aerofocus (retired) - '00 Ford Focus ZX3
90 day: 44.66 mpg (US)

The Red Baron (sold) - '93 Geo Metro
90 day: 44.1 mpg (US)
New 2000 Ford Focus ZX3!!!

I just went and looked at the car tonight! I'm only 15 and don't have my temps yet so I had the salesmen test drive the car for me. That's a little weird and I didn't like not getting to feel the car, but it seemed like a nice car. manual transmission was smooth as butter. Some minor rust but it's cleveland, and that's what happens here. The oil was black which concerned me at first, but then I remember that some oil is black while some is brown. It wasn't a burnt black, it had clarity to it, just a different color. Car smelled when I started it up the first time, but then the second time I started it the smell was gone after I let the car cool down. It wasn't a sweet smell and it didn't smell like oil. Almost smelled like if you cook something, take the food off, and let the residue burn. I assume that was just from sitting. some sort of build up in the exhaust. it sat for about a month at the dealer and who knows how long before that. I'm no mechanic, but I did a thorough check. The interior is super clean. So I hope I did good for my first car.

I put a $1000 deposit tonight and go to pick it up this friday. I got the car for $2700 which is quite a bit for a first car, but the car is valued at $4000 so I figured its a win win situation as long as I didn't get a lemon. I'm also very mature for my age so I'm not worried about crashing it or anything. How many 15 year olds are into hypermiling and aeromodding? haha

Specs:
2000 Ford Focus ZX3
2.0 liter inline 4
5 speed manual transmission
cruise control(I'm only using it for testing modifications)

I can't wait to get the car this friday. Too bad I can't drive it until I get my temps in december. But that won't stop me from sitting in it and thinking about driving it

here's a link if anyone wants to take a look: 2000 Ford Focus $2,695 - Mr. Auto Sales Inc. - Eastlake, OH 44095 Dealer

Sorry for the long post. I'm just really excited. I can't wait to start my project log. I'm hoping to have the car modded like the aerocivic by the end of this upcoming summer.