View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
gregersonke
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Charlie View Post
Do you mean aluminum roof flashing? Or aluminum tape used on HVAC ducts?

Did you do any A-B-A tests?

(Welcome to EM!)
Nah, my testing is basically 300 plus miles a week of driving. I did it to my fathers sienna when he wasn't looking and saw the average climb up between tanks on the computer. As for my odyssey, I'm seeing an extra .25 to.5mpg. It seems to have less road noise. Also, this is a pretty simple thing to add or remove. If you want to remove it just pull out a sponge and some vinegar, soak it for a min before taking it off and it will all come right off. I think I'm going to redo my odyssey because when I did it was in the dark which I don't recommend because you can't see it very well and it looks like crap.

As for the Tape, I believe its the same flashing as what they use on HVAC, It's about the same thickness as ducktape. I know that it has a peel back tape on the back so it makes it very easy to roll out fold, cut, and split apart. It's not going to be as strong and thick as the turbulator tape, but I think it will achieve similar results in regards to keeping the air closer to the vehicle.