View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
JakeC
EcoModding Lurker

Black Betty - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
90 day: 18.42 mpg (US)

Murray - '95 Buick Century Classic
90 day: 29.64 mpg (US)

NissanSentra - '99 Nissan Sentra GXE
90 day: 27.41 mpg (US)
Grand Cherokee modifications.

I'm not sure where to start a build thread, so I figured this may be the place. Have been reading over some of the threads on the site, and have had my eye on making a grill block, and a belly pan. I love my Jeep and can't seem to get rid of it, so i figured what the heck, may as well try and make it more economical to drive. I currently drive clear across the state of Indiana for school every week, so usually i drive anywhere from 350 to 700 miles a week. Last week alone i drove around 700.

Here's the Jeep:

192,XXX miles and counting and it drives better than any car I've ever owned. and at the age of 21, I've owned 6.

Here's the grill block, made out of some thick plastic material that is used to secure doors to the pallets that they come in on, at The Home Depot where I work.

Here's the beginning of the belly pan, made from the same material.

Also, here's the transfer case swap that I am currently in the middle of. My Jeep is the limited version and came with the np249 quadra-trac transfer case, meaning that it has all-wheel drive. I would rather have the option of two wheel drive, so I bought this np242 transfer case with selec-trac from a wrecked 1999 Jeep Cherokee. I'm in the process of getting the drive shaft shortened a little bit, so that it will fit like it should. Hopefully all goes well, and I can start driving it by Friday.

Last edited by JakeC; 10-04-2011 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Adding Pictures