View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #212 (permalink)
orbywan
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I'll add data as time permits.
She's still an unknown quantity,but the 47.9 mpg run illustrates the relative importance of streamlining.Getting the Cd down lower will be the same as a continuous tailwind when on the highway.See you all later.
I can't imagine why you would be burned out after all of that. Your log is the perfect example of why it is so hard to get definite numbers as to what is 'signal' (accurate data) and what is 'noise' (inaccurate numbers due to wind, hills, road surface, crap).

I'm curious Phil, have you shopped around at all to see what facilities, if any, are available nationwide for wind tunnel testing besides the $2,000 an hour guys?

While we're on the subject, just for fun, what do you think it would cost to build a wind tunnel big enough to test your truck and trailer in? I'm talking an econo version, not so cheap the data would be suspect, but a cost effective version that would still yield useful numbers.

Second thought; what do you think it would cost to build a wind tunnel just big enough for a compact car, glass on all sides so you can observe smoke testing?

What would something like that use for a wind generator?