View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #391 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
manufacturing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
I cannot bypass the Patent process because there are two applications for a Patent on an aerodynamic truck cap which have been filed right after mine with the USPTO (Patent Office). One is just a few months after the date I filed mine. Luckily I am in the drivers seat right now with the earliest filing date and I must maintain it.

I appreciate you referring me to the company you know of that does fiberglass fabrication. If I was to set up production on my own or with another established company without a Patent in force, then if either of the two people who have filed applications after me are granted a Patent, they would then sue me for Patent infringement.

Best of luck to you CFECO with the X-Car. I wish I had the skill set to develop a vehicle like that.

Bondo
Brett,there's also a fiberglass swimming pool manufacturer in Sanger,TX that expressed a definite interest in aero components.They also do the shot gel-coat with chopper/resin behind it.Snug Top fabricates this way.
I never could get a price on a master mold and tooling to see if I could get into it.So much for local toolmakers!Let us know if we can help at all.