View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #138 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
In addition to paying low income single women to replicate, all breeders get subsidized via income tax deductions (among other things) for having dependents. It is high time to stop that since there is no human shortage that requires government intervention to stimulate population growth, but I now know better than to ever think that benny will go away because far too many agree with it.

Although... I strongly suspect the divide between rich and poor IS growing bigger, at the expense of the middle class (a few more added to the rich, lots more added to the poor, both having been middle class before).

P.S. I know for a fact there was (is?) lots of food stamp fraud going on. Back in the day I knew a grocery store cashier so I heard many stories like the one about the guy who became infuriated with her when she said he couldn't buy dog food with food stamps. After a major meltdown he picked out a bunch of steaks and said they were for the dog. And how many times have I stood in line behind people paying with stamps... observing that they had more expensive clothes than me, and trotted their groceries out to a newer car than mine.

Last edited by Frank Lee; 10-10-2011 at 09:27 AM..