View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #152 (permalink)
hondo434
EcoModding Apprentice

Alty-magnet - '06 Nissan Altima SE
90 day: 33.83 mpg (US)

maxi-magnet II - '12 Nissan Maxima S
carbloggergr, I'm not sure if you are asking a question,making a statement, or making a reply. I am the owner of this thead. I can't speak for the opinion of the people you read about, but can only tell you of my experience. I have two fuel injected vehicles and have had magnets on them for several years. my milage has stayed at higher levels the whole time and recently I drove the Maxima on a longer trip to the state of Virginia (about 840 mile trip) and achieved 36 mpg which the best so far, and that's with both swaybar linkes broken and the front end shaking and 62 mpg. These cars are v-6 automatic trans. I can't, and nobody else can tell you why magnets do or don't help your milage. All I can tell you is they work for me and I'm happy. If you feel you don't want to try magnets, that's you choice. I feel that the magnets cause some change in the fuel that causes a change in the ECU. The ECU has a lot of varience in each parameter. I feel the magnets cause the ECU to adjust to a leaner mix. If you don't see results soon you may have to dissconect the negative battery cable for 24 hours to reset the parameters, then drive on the highway at optimum milage speed for 30 minutes or until ECU maps your driving habits. This can take 1-10 driving trips. Good luck!