View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
JethroBodine
MPG Militia HMV-25E80+A

FrankenJetta D - '90 Volkswagen Jetta GL
Boat tails and more mods
Diesel
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 64.35 mpg (US)
Weather Spotter- You are definitely one of my influences for starting this project. I really enjoyed reading( and re-reading) your build project. I was going to do a rear window, but, I cut out the rear seat support and tried lying down in the vacant rear seat/trunk area and found it more than long enough for me. I'm now leaning toward using a license plate camera instead. This would allow both a quicker and easier way to seal the passenger compartment for the winter. I have LOTS of experience driving vehicles without a rear window, so I don't really notice the loss.

MetroMPG- Obviously, also a great influence for me and this build, I almost used cardboard( I have an inexhaustible supply) sealed with resin as my media, but on the 3rd or 4th read of your thread you mentioned bubbling, I assume like 3wheelers water based problems. Thought I'd try this route. Time will tell.

itjstagame- I've got a ways to go before I get to the tire strakes, but you do bring up a good point. I'm thinking along the lines of aerohead's t-100. Might not be feasible around here as I drive on dirt roads to get home.

Quote:
It is always very amusing how our imagination is put to the test when overcoming reality. Redyaris
Boat tail project
How to gently bump start during EOC