View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #88 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekin View Post
Whoever figures out how to do a HUD. My hat off to you. I would love to have a HUD. I find my eyes creeping more and more to my MPG monitor in town (i have it mounted below my radio). This would be a great safety improvement (at least for me).
I could not agree more. I didn't think much of the HUD option, until I got a safety briefing this week about distracted driving. 4 people in the car, 2 in the back seat w/o belts fastened. Driver using smartphone as GPS, laying in his lap. phone falls on the floor, he bends down to pick up the phone, not realizing he is crossing the median. The car strikes an ambulance, killing 3 of the 4 in the car. I ordered two Arkon SM410 mobile phone holders from Amazon. They have a suction cup, and a vent holder option. A good second to a HUD...

I found this very sobering, because I have used my phone as a GPS several times, laying in the console instead of high on the dash or on the windshield. I then realized I spend a lot of time looking at the MPGuino while I am driving. I am quite interested in this, but lack the technical know-how.