View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
Welcome Popimp.

Okay. I've been wondering for a while: why are we walking on eggshells when we mention 'the other site' here. Is there some sort of competition that's going on?
I think it's more out of civility and not wanting to start any sort of bashing. I know a tiny bit of the story behind it and it comes partially down to this site being run the way that the admins here want it to be.

All these forums are in competition to an extent, but then again, there isn't any reason that people can't be members of each forum and contribute to both.

I have my own website now that contains some of my information for Civic VXs. That in a small way contributes competition to the forums as well, but it's no big deal because I still contribute to all the forums that am a member of as well as adding the information to my website. The site is just a more convenient way of collaborating the information that I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp View Post
I'm not sure if there is or isn't but MetroMPG, SVOBoy, and DiamondLarry were pretty big contributors to the other site with thousands of posts. I'm just happy to be a part of both. I think this site is just going in a different direction, whatever that means.
This forum is going to be a bit more focused, in my opinion. The other forum was good but was becoming a bit muddled, again, in my opinion.

And to keep this thread on topic:

Welcome to the board!