View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #219 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
turning/aesthetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbywan View Post
Good stuff Phil. I see why it took so many hours to get it to this point. That's a lot of trial and do it over again. Sometime when you have the time I'd love to see a photo or two of the truck and trailer halfway through a turn so we can see how the panels articulate some.

I'm looking forward to towing my boat with the boat tail in place to see how it effects towing mileage, and I might try an articulated panel on either side since the side of boat is so smooth and steady for roller surfaces.

I know it's your last priority, or not at all, but when you get this combination dialed in it would be great to do a paint job with some graphics that really made the two vehicles look like one unit. Just thinking out loud.
I'll try next Saturday for 'turn' photos.I think I have something.Never trust my memory anymore though.
And yes,wouldn't it be nice to do color-matched paint,matched body moldings and pin-stripes?
I did do some wet-sanding on a portion of the hulls acrylic lacquer, down to 1,200 grit, and hit it with 3M mico-fine finishing compound.Just like glass!