View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
tru
EcoModding Apprentice

tru - '05 Ford Focus ZX3
90 day: 39.46 mpg (US)

the truck - '02 GMC Sierra Denali
05' focus zx3 partial kamm

I want to start out this thread by quoting my girlfriend when she saw me mocking this up. "its a good thing i love you" lol

anyway, i bought some coroplast and abs plastic last week on a day off and they gave me a large 4x8 sheet of cardboard to go with it. a nice bonus

ive used the abs plastic to mold/smooth over the non existant fog lights location and will continue forward with it later.

anyway onto the pics

car in profile, anyone care to lay the template for my reference?

close-up detailing construction, not seen are 2 interior supports that are taped to the glass to keep the shape under driving conditions.

from the back to show the flaw in my design. i simply cut cardboard to desired shape and "wedged" it between the tail lights and the glass of the hatch, simple and effective. However the hatch bows outwards as it goes toward the ground leaving an angle in the opposite direction of the desired direction.

I did a prelimminary test this afternoon but couldnt get any real numbers b/c of strong winds. I typically can cruise right around 50 with engine fully warmed and get 49-51 mpgs, so i will use that as my reference.