View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Gains in this area have to come with incentives ... If I had the means I would lobby the oil companies to help. Meaning, set up device like a scangauge that record MPG's by trip and stores them. Then each night the car would upload the info, wireless, bluetooth, whatever to a central database. Oil company's would then set up a weekly, monthly or quarterly standard of x% above epa. Those that reach the goal get a gas card mailed to them for each period.

By working in the car business I have learned that no one does anything without incentive and for all the *****ing going on saving $10 - $80 a month in gas still isn't enough to get anyone in any great number to care.

It is frustrating, but believe I talk to people everyday and update them on my spaceship. And every week, some one comes to me quietly to ask how they can do it too. It will simply take time ...

We are fighting the good fight, battle on.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???