View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #72 (permalink)
awillard69
EcoModding Apprentice

Dakota - '00 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, Sport
90 day: 18.57 mpg (US)

Jeep - '01 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport
90 day: 18.46 mpg (US)
You might be counting transitions, from 0 to 5v, and 5v to 0.

So you have 5000 ticks per mile, what about the injector? How often and at what pulse duration?

I assembled by quino today, it was pretty cool. Fun to be doing that stuff again, but my eyes ain't what they used to be.

I haven't fully assembled a working configuration, because I had to run to the Shack to pick up some Zeners.

I used an old IDE cable to interface to the display. Just peeled off the 16 conductors, separated, stripped and tinned the ends, stuffed them into the holes on the board for the LCD. Then did the same for the other end, with a longer "pull back" for more flexibility, and tinned them. Looks nice. I might need to hot glue the ribbon to the back so it won't stress the solder connections.

I had to go scrounging thru my parts piles (more like bins, boxes, baggies, etc), looking for some perf board so I can setup my button interface and the input locations. I had some really nifty little switches that I scavenged from an old VCR some time ago - I knew I was keeping them for something!