Thread: Igor the Aygo
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sykomor
EcoModding Lurker

Igor - '07 Toyota Aygo
90 day: 63.4 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Comparisons for George -

Acceleration - Agreed, its an issue to work out the best approach. The guy with the highest MPG I know of (a C1) uses < 2500 rpm always. But I do sometimes go higher experimenting with P&G.

I have no spare or jack. I thought about the rear seat removal but it weighs less than my shoes

Rear wiper is still on mine.

I thought about a vertical front wiper but AeroModder has a nice wiper deflector I intend to copy instead. He advised vertical would put something with drag onto a nice flat surface which seems logical.

I have tried passenger mirror folded, but not brave enough for both

Pics would be superb, I have a "How To" for images in the, er, "how to" section.

EDIT How to images : http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...der-18279.html

EDIT 2 - 52.74 (US MPG) for my new tank (filled today) - so Igor is way ahead of George.
I still have the feeling that a quick acceleration is more economical but not sure. It seems everyone suggest slow with low rpm. I have tried it the last weeks and appears to work but it's painful to watch the gauge for the long slow acceleration. I will have to do more tests.

The wiper is really much too long. I found that 45 cm is quite sufficient. And I think I agree about the vertical wiper. I'll leave it horizontal. The deflector sounds interesting. Mine is good but not perfect.

My center mirror is always dark so I won't have to see too much of the line of cars following me but still give a bit of guidance to how the situation is. I only use the side mirrors in big cities. I wouln't remove them. I hope they are fairly good aerodynamically but I shall make some turf tests.

In the weekend it will be time for pictures -- and a permanent grill block. Big thanks for the howto.

Last edited by Sykomor; 10-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Spellign