View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #61 (permalink)
mikep_95133
EcoModding Lurker

On my way to my gf's place, at 50-55 mph I got 103mpg several times, 84 miles round trip. This was from San Jose to SSF on highway 101. I think the hybrid system helps.

I've had my 02 Insight for about 20 months. In the summer I have run a cardboard grille block on only the lower grille using bailing wire to hold it in place. The previous owner took off the rear wiper and plugged the hole with a rubber stopper. The car also has a spdt switch for activating the clutch switch or the brake switch and the front plate frame remove, all from the previous owner. It also has a ScanGageII from the previous owner. LT fuel economy when he had the car was at 70mpg. It's now at 61.1mpg. 225k miles. Tires are at about 35% tread and full pressure. Mobile1 0w-20 in the engine. White cap Honda MT fluid in the trans. Both need changing. I have only cleaned out the egr plate and had the injectors cleaned and tested out of the car. I only hyper mile going to SSF, which is almost never as she stays down here most of the time now. When the weather gets hot, the Scan Gage shows 206F too often. So I take out the grille cover in the summer. I am due to put it back in soon.