View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #179 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
Considering how many compact cars and SUV's have their glass within inches of the rear bumper plane I'm not going to worry too much.

Polycarbonate tail, or translucent fiberglass would be no weaker than the regular fiberglass tail of a kit car, in my opinion.

Point or goal of it is, to make it look slick and not dangerous or scary looking. I'm sure everyone will have an opinion of what they like or do not like, and you cannot please everyone, so you have to please yourself.
Oh, but I'm referring to the laws that you need to have the taillights so many cm from the rear most point of the bumper, etc. This is why you always see the bumpers sticking out farther than the lights. Kit cars don't have to meet any regulations afaik

Maybe it's just a decal for graphic breakup. Maybe it's implemented in a different part of the car. Maybe I make some other graphics on the thing. I like the idea and there's got to be a way to implement it safely and legally.

Of course there are ways around it. The V35 Skyline/Infiniti G35 looks flat on the back but actually adheres to the rules. (Also imo one of the best looking cars Nissan has put out in many years)

The rear surface of the Vogn is concave because I read that facilitates more efficient eddies at the back. I'm going to try to work around that, styling wise.

Last edited by Sven7; 10-22-2011 at 03:56 PM..