View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
TheDon
EcoModding Apprentice

Pepper - '87 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 30.42 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentPointofView View Post
You should be able to squeeze some good numbers out of that turbo diesel. I don't know about this, but have you ever thought of making your own bio-diesel? There's websites dedicated on how to make it, and most tell you to start with small batches of about a liter first to make it first before you make 40 gallons of the stuff. Problem is finding a cheap version of the things they make. and finding cheaper methane. But once you get started, diesel for less than 2 bucks sounds pretty good to most people.
I used to make my own biodiesel in high school. I did it for a year and half. It was a project for engineering but I took it to the max and went all out. Back before this whole issue we are going through I was making a gallon of B100 for $.80. I would love to get back into the game but I don't have the time to make bio, plus I was strong armed out of my supply lines for veg. I'd buy B100 if I could get it local but alas, I cannot. I can get it delivered but I'm not all for paying a fee for delivery and then having the truck come from tampa just go give me 100 gallons of the stuff. That would be very negative efficiency.