View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
basslover911
Master EcoModder

Silver Turtle - '02 Ford Focus Zx3
90 day: 38.83 mpg (US)
Exclamation Somebody ACTUALLY patented a Stirling Series...

I am a full time entrepreneur, running a few of my own companies. Often I come across many engineers and great thinkers seeking investments (which I can get because of the people that I am networked with).

So long story short, they actually patented a Stirling Series power plant. In other words, a sterling engine driving an electric generator with thermocouples in between to extract extra energy from the exhaust heat. All this connected to some batteries and ultimately an electric engine.

(Ill get the patent number tomorrow if this thread gets enough interest).

I found it very peculiar that they were able to patent this, since I have personally started many threads about this kind of hybrid as well as many of others here, how had nobody patented this yet?

Thing is, they want 2.9 Million to convert an existing vehicle (build the prototype) and drive it across the US in ONE tank of gas (40 gallons according to them). I just thought I would share my meeting with these guys today.

SO, what do you think? Plausible? Good Idea? According to them the stirling engine is perfect because it creates much less pollution due to not having to get a pressurized flame and it can use any type of gas (and according to them they were also able to solve the "hydrogen embrittlement" problem - whatever this means).

(FYI, I, as an investor, am not actually going to do this because from a business viewpoint 2.9 million is WAY to much to create a working prototype- im not sure how much of that is to pay themselves).

Last edited by basslover911; 10-22-2011 at 11:56 PM..