View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
ausias
Burning oil to move air.

ausiasmobil - '06 Seat Leon 1.9 TDI Reference
90 day: 40.22 mpg (US)

EcoTxec - '99 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI 110 cv Laurin & Klement
90 day: 52.85 mpg (US)
New BMW and Mercedes-Benz are cars in the way of all model decreasing fuel consumption (increasing mileage, sorry). Class-C 350 Blueefficiency. V6 of 306 cv with an average of 32 mpg (usa equivalents) or EU 6.7 L/100km average. Why a Ford Mustang isn't capable of that figures? A Ford Focus Rs 305 cv also has bigger mileage than Mustang, but poorer than MB. what are they doing?
near 200 bhp using less than 5 L/100km on highway (47 mpg) is possible only ecomodding a bit a car. Automakers have lots of tools on doing it cheap or even retrofittable.
Buyers don't help, but massive Advertesiments on desirable cars (made non sustainable cars) are filling of hundred of prejudices.
My aunt sold his 11 years Honda CRV 131 cv, 20mpg after hours of me insisting and doing calculations on costs per km, she buyed a Hyundai ix35 136 cv, 36 mpg. She is spending the same amount of money that maintaining her old car, but she now has safer, newer, good loking SUV with 18" rims, leather, computer, ESP, 9 airbags, 5 year warranty, faster acceleration from any road speed to other, żbut the same 0 to 62?, faster maximum speed also. 5 or 6 $/gal or +50% in other European countries, help a lot to think in saving money.

IN USA there are a lot of hybrid and cheap cars with lot f power, and in Europe we have very little desirable hybrids. And +60 to +100% more price, it seems like there is one world but not one market. I don't understand how is possible that the same car has so differents prices, and so differents fuel consumptions.

Sold:

Last edited by ausias; 10-23-2011 at 07:17 PM..