View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #5143 (permalink)
isaac_alaska
EcoModding Apprentice

I emailed SBE and told them i was building an experimental controller, based on Paul's open source work. I told them it was for a research project/ competition (we're building it to compete in the SAE clean snowmobile competition) and asked if they had any available. They said they would be happy to send me two of them!

they're huge, but with the plastic case, they are lighter than i thought they would be. I'm only going to use one of them in the controller, designing a controller for the WarP7 that can handle even a thousand amps is mostly overkill.

looking forward to seeing your new logic board!

If i can figure out the software, it would be nice to use the extra pins on the microcontroller for accepting speed data from the motor. I haven't looked into it at all yet though so i'm not sure if i can use the speedometer output that's built into the machine or if i need a different speed sender. If i can get speed input working and work my way through the software, i think it would be possible to use the last pin to output data to a display, and calculate wH/mile. Or has someone already done this? would be pretty handy for seeing instantly how different throttle inputs (or snow conditions) affect energy use.