View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
reformed
Did you get that thing?

Green Machine - '92 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 39.98 mpg (US)

Money pit - '97 Infiniti j30
90 day: 22.74 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888 View Post
the pics are great and everything but your car gets 38mpg, this engine doesn't gurantee 50mpg. In fact it's not plug and play.

I think it's too much of a hassle to get 50mpg when you can slow down and do some weight reduction.

I can get 48-50mpg driving 60mph. In fact i went from LA to san diego and back and averaged 49.1mpg

I have a 99 civic dx manual. I haven't done any weight reduction, i just drive 60..
Its pretty close to plug and play in a 92, it is already pre-wired for vtec(the only year). I only have to add wiring for the LAF and a couple of other small things. I have pretty much leveled off at around 42MPG and this is just one more of many mods to come for this car. When I first got it, the first tank I got was 33MPG and through minor mods and driving technique(I already do no faster than 55MPH, EOC whenever possible, and have removed any excess weight), I've added 10MPG, so I'm quite confident that this will net me 50+. Also my driving is mostly my drive to work, which is mostly city, 16 miles of it. On the highway I can get 50 in this car currently, but I'm talking about 50+ avg. tank after tank with a good portion of it city driving.