View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
jime57
Master EcoModder

OurInsight - '06 Honda Insight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
I'll bet the flow is pretty smooth. On mine with some rain-x on the glass the drops never stayed there for any amount of time. Even in a downpour the glass looked dry as long as you were moving over 25 MPH or so.

regards
Mech
You're right. It is pretty smooth. Just looking at the video from my camera, and harkening back to the explanation that Metro had given with his boat tail video, I think the flow would be classified as very slightly turbulent, but not detached in any sense. Later, I'm going to raise the hatch a couple of inches and see if the flow improves, but for now I'd settle for getting the first video uploaded.

I'm computer challenged so I'm having my problems with getting the video onto youtube. Last night I realized that I had the radio playing in the background, which the camera of course recorded with the video data. I haven't found a way to edit out the sound. I suspect I'd get myself into trouble uploading copyright material to youtube, so I'm reshooting the data this morning. I also need to sort out my camera format settings.My Canon 5D MKII records in .MOV vs. .mov, an apple format. I'm not sure they are the same, but I'll try to upload it anyway. Wish me luck.