View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #93 (permalink)
groar
X-Frenchy: very

scenic - '01 renault scenic
90 day: 43.09 mpg (US)

megane - '97 renault megane classic
Diesel
90 day: 72.53 mpg (US)

dennisius - '06 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 69.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320touring View Post
Wish we in the UK could get away with such obvious mods- but the UK Police are less forgiving than yours- never mind the insurance company
One year ago a cop explained me that I should make my aeromods having a certificate of approval to not have problem with the insurance in case my aeromods are the cause of an accident.
As I was regularly verifying my aeromods and I was changing the tape before it was needed, I was confident.
He decided recently to force me to make my aeromods certified... The process costs more than the cost of Mégane plus what I saved during last 3 years (see my sig), so I removed rear aeromods lately before having Mégane's replacement.

I replied him that I was going to have her replacement soon. He warned me that he doesn't want me to modify my new car without having a certificate. I replied him that with a japanese (SULEV/AT-PZEV) car I don't need to modify it to be economical and to generate 20 times fewer pollutants than a (Euro II diesel) French car

Once again in France you can do whatever you want as soon as you have money. Others have to shut up and pay, pay, pay...

The prius is at least 15 years in advance compared to French cars. Also during last years Toyota build more cars in France than French constructors

All these events confirm my minds into running away from French cars.

Also the more the diesel is modern, the more it will be difficult to hypermile. I have never been able to reach 67 mpgUS with my wife's 2001 DCI...

Denis.
Earth and health are priceless, so are kilotank and AT-PZEV
Best Mégane tank: 1268.9mi @ 77.847 MPG(US)
2008/06-2011/10 saving:
  • 5725.5 kg CO2 (5342.6+382.9)
  • Diesel / Money: 42.17% = 2446.25€ = 3357.26$

---
megane : thread - kill switch.