View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
wow i dont mind the jack at all i just thought they would be worth more and if i had room in my garage i might start convincing the wife i need it
Their value without a title is very little unless you live in a state that is easy to get titles for vehicles that old but most states are enough trouble that it's not worth it.
If you keep an eye on Ebay cars like that show up every few weeks, $1,000 tends to get you something that has a title and should work if you put batteries in it, $2,000 tends to get you something in decent shape that drives or that was driven by the person selling it before it was put in storage, if you are willing to spend $3,000 to $4,000 you can get something in great shape with no issues, sometimes modern speed controller or other up grades, I paid $3,500 for my Commuti-car and took it for a test drive before I bought it, the person I bought it from was the adult son of the original owner.
I'm not sure what one is worth without a title or the electric drive train, the plastic body could have some value, but without a title it's a golf cart.