View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The worst part of human nature is defined by intolerance for the input of others. It destroys communication as demonstrated by our current (in the US) political intransigence. When practiced in the pitiful way it is today it proves the point that you have to design for extreme stupidity or you will be sued because you FAILED to make your design impossible for the most stupid driver to operate dangerously.

Capacitive storage of otherwise lost inertia when deceleration is necessary. Better batteries to allow operation of ALL systems seamlessly. These are simple but effective ways of making the vehicle the principal participant in the better efficiency equation.

In the mean time can we not just interact with some respect and compassion. It reminds me of two canaries in an old diesel submarine, sitting on the bottom of the ocean after a catastrophic failure of some kind.

While the canaries wait to suffocate so their lives sacrificed will inform the crew that it is time to get out of their coffin, they are tearing each other to pieces because they just can't stand each other.

Any car and any system that, even to a small degree, informs and assists the otherwise completely ignorant driver in ways to improve their efficiency, should be applauded. Increasing the efficiency by just a single percentage point, IN EVERY VEHICLE ON THE PLANET would make a huge difference in overall consumption.

I know when I read a post by mcrews, it will contain useful information.

Thank you for your time
Mech
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
mcrews (10-30-2011), TEiN (11-14-2011)