View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #60 (permalink)
chvycmmnslvr
EcoModding Lurker

I also have a dodge cummins but mine is in a 1 ton chevy crewcab dually ... i had an aux overdrive (gear vendor) behind the five speed o/d dodge tranny w/ 3.73 gears and my engine ran 975 rpm @ 65 mph and i got over 33 mpg oith straight diesel ... unfortunately you have a newer diesel that has electronic unit injectors ... you cant do much more than chip those and make turbo mods to gain effeciency ... I can however vouch that a larger air cooler does wonders ... my engine is a 93 and had had a very small air cooler ... i put a 02 cooler in my chevy and i gained about six mpg putting the same engine from the dodge to the chevy .... i then put hydrogen into the intake with a homemade hyd generator at about 5 litres per minute and then got 127.5 mpg ... tested fillup to fillup ... (306 miles used 2.4 gallons diesel )
On another note I am a full time diesel mechanic by trade and i also installed a 2.2 litre diesel engine into a 19920 toyota four runner and i got over 45 mpg with just straight diesel ... i have to overhaul the engine before i can do any further tests on it but i expect that once i have the aux o/d unit in it and add on the hydrogen i should get over 200 mpg ... based on the exponential increments i saw with my dually p/u ... if you want to by a suv and a new turbo diesel i would be glad to do the conversion .. i have some custom made tools ... one of a kind ... just for making custom adaptors and conversions .... this four runner is a nice vehicle ... and drives great ... it will pass almost anything on the highway ... even the fuel stops ...lol