View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #75 (permalink)
Ladogaboy
Master EcoModder

Ladogaboy - '11 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GSR
Team Emperor
90 day: 27.64 mpg (US)

E85 EVO - '11 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GSR
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb View Post

and how would you document as in provide the proof that supports your ALLEGED claim ?
oh i know
you will provide the BSFE charts for your system .

remember
your are entitled to your own opinion ,
but
you may not provide facts by decree ,
(unless you are a politician)
you must provide VALID and REPEATABLE
test results .

ready
begin

absent documentation , your claims are bogus as in
false and this thread should be moved to the unicorn corral .
by definition
Why would I need to provide Belgian Snowboard Federation Education charts?

Please define acronyms prior to using them, otherwise, people will find it more difficult to cogently argue their points.

As for what I was referring to, it's rather simple math. Also, keep in mind, I am referring specifically to a particular vehicle that isn't meant to represent the general population of cars. But that works both ways: What works for 1.6L naturally aspirated engine does not necessarily apply to a forced-induction engine, and vice versa. Speaking basically: While making 240 hp @ 80% load, it might be more efficiently producing power than it is when making 150 hp @ 50% load; however, why would I need to waste that extra energy in drive train loss and/or air resistance? 70 mph @ 50% load is fine for me. I don't need to drive at 100 mph or find ways to make my car run under 30% higher load just to maintain the speed limit.

So, in essence, the higher the load (regardless of overall engine efficiency), the more gas is burned. Since the increased power allows the car to cruise at specific speed under a lower load, the car uses less gas over all (fuel economy).

And this was my only point. It is the same reason why current engines are more efficient than their 20-year-old counter parts, but some of those 20-year-old vehicles are still getting better fuel economy. Other factors than just engine efficiency factor into fuel economy.

I am waiting on the interface that allows me to track my personal load range, fuel usage, and other factors (I hope that's what you meant by Belgian Snowboard Federation Education), but I have already seen the charted results from other people with similar cars. I guess I'll have to track them down if common sense and basic reasoning doesn't prevail.