View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #78 (permalink)
Ladogaboy
Master EcoModder

Ladogaboy - '11 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GSR
Team Emperor
90 day: 27.64 mpg (US)

E85 EVO - '11 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GSR
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Acronyms can suck when you don't know what they are, but google is your friend.
I know. I Google searched BSFE, clicking "I'm Feeling Lucky." Phew... I was lucky to figure out what your acronym meant (still going with Belgian Snowboard Federation Education).

Seriously, though, I would like to make two points clear:

First, you are being hypocritical by stating (without references) that all engines are most fuel efficient at 80% load, but chastising me for not proving a negative. If you want me to prove that my engine is less fuel efficient at 80% load than it is at 50% load, I can do that, but it will take me a little time. At this point, all I have is that information from other people with similar engines/configurations.

Second, I'm not sure why I would need to provide math for the statement that: My car is less fuel efficient (regardless of load) when it requires more gas to go a given distance. That should be fairly self-proving. And by the by, I am NOT stating that the exhaust IS the cause of this mileage increase. I simply stated that it *could be* a *proximate cause* on vehicles that are tuned to take advantage of it.