View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamperBob View Post
Confusion is my curse, sorry. I meant existing openings in side panels for the wheels. They have nice curvature. A teardrop shell (side view) blends with those elements so it not only pleases the wind but eyeballs too. Since you don't use the bed much, construction can be simplified. Sounds like you don't need/want a hatch lid for access. 3D mockup is fun. Google Sketchup is free yet surprisingly good. Here's a concept I doodled a while ago that might offer some food for thought.
Ok, I see. I do want to have an access hatch. Sometimes I sit in the bed and draw cars at car shows. And, although it looks cool on a newer truck I really want to keep it looking somewhat period correct. It appeared to be too much trouble to make the model how I really wanted. The tumblehome would increase as the topper goes back, so that the rear of it would have perhaps 60* of inward slant.

And, well, I tolerate 3D mockup for the result!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
that duck tail one looks great! Now just imagine for a moment, a receiver hitch bumper and tail light extension assembly about 4' back, and a three piece easy on/easy off removable boat tail for the long road trips. Might be worth building a temp one to see of it pays.
No trailers! lol, I don't have the time or money for that, and the truck's not going on road trips. Its main duties are car shows and trips to the lumber yard with my dad.

And picking up the ladies! This is slightly more masculine than my '81 b**ch basket hahaha