View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #239 (permalink)
HamiltonianOperator
EcoModding Lurker

03 celica

I drive an 03 celica, I currently get around 35mpg. 1.8L 1zzFe engine . I bought a 2500 dollar turbo kit, but then gas prices went up and I never installed it. I was hoping if i posted diagrams, I could get some hints about maybe installing some of the ECU mods (that are in japanese) for increased MPG and getting any recs. I can post pictures and get feedback about possibly running really mild boost for increased MPG with the new ethanol type gas or other tuning options. Also considering: Hotter Spark plugs, Injectors, O2 sensor replacement and wide band installation, of course I have these with an intercooler and all the exaust.
Bottom line is the weight, and the intercooler and the pipes weigh a ton.
However, I feel I should at least get 40mpg. Maybe I need a better gear ratio, It has a 6month old, new transmission, 3 year old aftermarket clutch, rebuilt engine with around 50k on it now Might replace some suspension and wheel bearings are getting old..

I Manage 32mpg or so on the highway going 65 down i94(3 lanes), about the slowest I can go without trucks passing me. I am doing about 3200revs at 65 and I ease up, going up hill, etc.. The curb weight is around 2076lbs. Car is stock. I currently have the front panels pulled off because I was replacing the Radio with some LCD stuff, like nav/sat rad/dvd? I will post pics after my stuff ships.

I also have the ability to get Ethanol free gas, where I live. I was planning on taking detailed measurments in the nexts few weeks, with respect to my miles per gallon based on E10 and ethanol free gas.

I wasn't' sure if I should just start a new thread. Sorry. Your stuff is really good so I appreciate a fellow Toyota small engine car owner.
-AP